Schools with teachers who have been trained in Discover Nature Schools, MoNASP, or Discover Nature — Fishing are eligible for grants and equipment. To receive training in any of these programs, please contact your local MDC conservation educator.
Use Discover Nature Schools funds for exploration equipment, outdoor classroom materials, and transportation for field experiences. Our Archery Equipment Rebate Opportunity reimburses you for up to $1,500 worth of official MoNASP equipment. Discover Nature — Fishing provides equipment and transportation funds for classroom instruction and hands-on fishing experiences for your students.
Find out more about how the grants work and what equipment and activities are covered.
$1,500 Equipment Rebate Opportunity
Educators often need help including new activities in their budgets. MoNASP, via the Department of Conservation and the Conservation Federation of Missouri, offers a $1,500 rebate opportunity for equipment purchases. New schools will also receive an archery net to get started.
Basic Archery Instructor training is required for schools to participate in MoNASP and to qualify for related rebates.
Schools that have participated in MoNASP for five full years may be eligible for $500 maintenance grants.
Grant amounts up to $500 are available to help with travel, equipment, and other needs of your high school fishing club.
To qualify, participate in at least one of the following approved conservation activities:
- Assist with MDC projects or events such as fish habitat improvement projects, kids' fishing clinics, or special fishing events.
- Have at least half your club members become trained fishing instructors through the MDC angling education program and assist with at least one class.
- Become a Rod-and-Reel Loaner program location, and provide the maintenance of the equipment at that location for at least one year after signing the agreement. Loaner fishing equipment is provided by MDC.
- Provide fishing gear maintenance at one or more Rod-and-Reel Loaner program locations near your school for at least one year. Loaner fishing equipment is provided by MDC.
- Become a Missouri Stream Team, and participate in at least one of the following activities:
- Lake or stream cleanup
- Adopt a lake or stream or access and perform a cleanup
- Install and maintain a monofilament recycling station
- Water quality monitoring
- Storm drain stenciling
- Create your own MDC-approved project.
Grant money cannot be used for stipends, salaries, or wages for coaches and advisers.